Saturday, July 11, 2015

Deaf Teen Is Incredible Musician

VIDEO: A musician who can play multiple instruments is turning heads. In part, because of his talent. But also because Carter Terrano-Watson is Deaf.



KTNV LAS VEGAS - Carter plays multiple instruments, including the flute and keyboard. He actually lettered in band his freshman year at Green Valley High School despite the fact that he was born Deaf.



Carter has a cochlear implant on his left side, enabling him to hear the music.





"I kind of feel like a regular person myself. I just have an accessory. I run with a headband so this doesn't fall off. But other than that I feel like a regular person. That would make me feel really wonderful if someone sees me as an inspiration," says Carter.



Carter is having surgery on his right side next week so he'll have a cochlear implant on both ears. He's excited about that because he sits with his bad ear facing the band and his good ear facing the audience in at least one of the bands he plays in. So that's a real challenge. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment